Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm no Bakerella

For a few months now, I have been admiring Bakerella's blog. My son and I adore her cake pops. When I saw her post last week for her Easter cake pops, I knew I had to attempt them. I giggled the first time I saw a picture of those cute little yellow yummies.

Much to my husband's dismay, on Saturday I announced I was off to JoAnn's for supplies. He hates it when I go to JoAnn's. He says I spend too much money in there. BAH! Never. My heart was pounding as I raced out of the store and back to the car with my arm full of loot. My husband decided to tag along and wait in the car for me. He rolled his eyes as I climbed back in with my bags of treats. He'll just never get it.

What was going to be a Saturday afternoon project, turned into a two day event. While I had fun, and they turned out relatively good considering I couldn't find the exact supplies, I will be the first to admit I'm no Bakerella.

Must.Practice.More.

Behold my Chick Pops. My son took them to preschool today for snack. His teacher and classmates loved them. Score one for mom!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Those turned out really cute!

Unknown said...

awesome Brandi!!! I still haven't attempted her pops