Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What? We have no power?

Around 11 am today we left with Granny to go to Defiance. We pulled into the gas station next to our house and heard a really loud popping noise, followed by smoke. We really couldn't tell what it was. We got our gas and headed to town.

We were headed to town to get some pictures developed. We entered Makena in the Beautiful Baby contest for our county fair. We picked up some picture frames too. We had a nice lunch with Granny while we were in town.

We got home around 2:40 pm, to no power. Come to find out a fuse blew somewhere behind our house. We didn't have power until after 6pm. It makes you realize how dependent we really are on power. I couldn't flip on the light to see better to cut Makena's picture to size before I mailed it. I couldn't plug my flat iron in to straighten my hair before work.... *GASP* I went to work with a curl in my hair! Jack couldn't watch his afternoon cartoons. It makes you think of how simple life was a long time ago, when we didn't have to worry about power outages and such.

OH, we got a camera battery in town today! Stay tuned for Wordless Wednesday tomorrow!!

0 comments: